Thursday, November 3, 2016

Santos Art Dolls

 I altered these dolls to create Santos figures; or, as some people refer to them as cage dolls.  I have always been fascinated by them.  Could never afford one, but I am pretty happy with these and will keep one for myself.  I learned a lot in the process of creating these and look forward to experimenting more.
Saturday, Nov. 5th is our local art fair here in Sun City West, Arizona.  It is held in the RH Johnson parking lot and the Rec Center area.  I hope we have a good turn out and the sun stays out.  I also hope I move some inventory.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

These dolls are amazing, and so curious with their bare heads and rosary beads. Every nun I ever had would have considered a strapless dress and rosary beads on the same figure blasphemous. Lol! Good luck on Saturday!

Marlene Brady said...

I’m still working on them…..sculpting a headpiece on each one. Although, if I make more of these, I will figure out how to sculpt a thin layer of hair. I also would add more sticks for support. I added only 4 on each of mine because my hands were getting so sore. Anyway, thank you Barbara.